Alarm issues!

35

Asked by Oct 23, 2010 at 04:27 PM about the 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio GL FWD

I need to know how I can disconnect the alarm(kill switch) on 2000 cabrio. I know the old owners and on some days it starts up fine on others it wont. I bought it for 900.00 because of that prob....they just didnt want to deal with it anymore. Can someone help me QUICK. I have to work on tues and wont have a car!

155

No. The killswitch cannot be disabled. But try to replace the battery in the tranceiver (key). Also, make sure your keychain isn't full of metalobjects, these WILL interfere with the radiosignal to and from the engine-ECU. Good Luck

60

I had a similar problem with a 1995 Golf alarm. Going off randomly,car not starting for weeks then one day starting just fine,Sitting at the dealer for weeks at a time because they couldn't figure it out. Finally figured out that the power wires under the battery tray had rubbed the insulation really thin. Hit a bump or sometimes just randomly it would short out and,NOTHING. No starting,nothing electrical working,nothing.Except the alarm horn blaring and lights flashing until the battery went dead.A mechanic accidentally found the problem,changed the wire,moved it over a little and slid a piece of garden hose on it for protection.And I didn't have that problem ever again.Hope this helps . (o\-I-/o)