car wont start ,wont crank either

Asked by Sep 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM about the 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

went to the store turned the car off came back out to leave and it would not crank,all lights on dash come on but no start,acts as if the alarm is enguaged

11,225

I assume you tried to engage and disengage the thft control ??? Outside the vehicle all doors / hood and trunk closed - hit the lock button twice so it locks all 4 doors and horn beeps. Then unlock with the key or button TWICE so all 4 doors unlock and see if the car starts. These are also known for getting water in under the floor board of the drivers seat where one of the computers sit corroding terminals - take a look there for any leakage and corrosion Good Luck