1999 Volkswagen Cabrio battery and alarm problem

Asked by Jun 02, 2013 at 10:54 AM about the 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

My 1999 Volkswagen Cabriolet is crazy the alarm goes of and I haft to wiggle wires
around battery,.Then I put the key in the door locks several time to make the alarm shut
off the wiggle the battery connection again then the car will go. After the car stops do it all
over again Frustrated in London.

I don't have an answer, but i do feel your pain. My 1999 Cabrio has gone through spells of that sort of craziness also. Good luck.

10

Chech the wires running under the battery tray.I had a similar problem with the alarm on a 95 Golf.It was the battery tray rubbing the insulation off the wires under it an shorting the electrical system activating the alarm.Took almost a year to figure it out.The would sit at the dealer for weeks,then they would call me tell me it was starting now and I could come get it.Sometimes it would work until I got there sometimes for a few days or weeks then back to Dover VW.A mechanic accidentally found the problem changed the wire put a piece of garden hose on the wire to protect it and never had that problem again. Hop this helps. (o\_I_/o)