Vw Cabrio parts compatibility

Asked by Jul 29, 2015 at 01:31 PM about the 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

My car was in a rollover and I need
the following parts: Driver and
passenger windows, Passenger
fender, and driverside mirror. There
are 0 cabrios around me, are there
any other makes that will share at
least the windows?

12,135

All the parts from the vw golfs are vertualy the same body wise back in the 1996 -2001 they used a seperate door and window frame design so you have the door shell, window frame, and crash bar. So you should be able to get doors from a golf and the entire front end should be the same. The carbio was jsut a roof less jetta :P

So the windows from a Jetta would fit? That's my main concern, I can go with all the other parts. Thanks a million!

12,135

Yep they should fit just try your hardest to find a car in simalur years as your own A 98 is best since the trim should more likely match your own. The only difference will be the window frame. The window frame will have to be cut off most likely but should fit. How badly is the original door damaged ? or is it just the window you need ?

12,135

glass is the same so yes should be able to use a golfs window.

The original doors are not in bad shape, just the windows. So my choices are a Jetta or golf of the same model years? I was told if it was a gold it would have to be a convertible. Also what about a vw rabbit? They seem to be about the same thing

12,135

They should work as well. but closest match would be a 2 door golf or rabbit. Jetta windows may be same as well but could possibly be different. The body style changes a little over the years so yes a car the same year would be the closest match

10

If you are still looking for cabrio parts and parts from a 1996 cabrio will work I have one for sale.

No

40

The fenders on a Cabrio, are Cabrio only.