I just got a 1998 VW Cabrio for my daughter but the headlights stay on once you turn on the car. Is this normal? Also the cigarette lighter does not work,

Asked by Sep 23, 2014 at 02:01 PM about the 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

7,745

im guessing you have never had a car with day time lights before by the sounds of this question. Most modern cars have what is called daytime lights. They are supposed to be on all day while the car is running for safety purposes. if they remain on for hrs on end after the car is shut down then no that is not normal. AS for the cig lighter check the fuses you will probly find one is blown.