Alarm wont shut off

Asked by Dec 17, 2015 at 09:43 PM about the 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr Highline Convertible

When I connect the battery the alarm
always goes off I know that I can put the
key in the door it'll shut off but.....theirs no
lock in the key whole (that's getting fixed
soon) I just wanna disconnect the alarm
how can I?

765

Factory alarm systems are incorporated in the whole computer module system in modern cars. They cant just be turned off willy/nilly. Why are you disconnecting the battery?

Long story pretty much I ran through a giant puddle at night and flooded the solenoid I was trying to start it after it dried up n I turned it over so much I drained the battery jumped it and the alarm wouldn't cut I'm new to this car stuff n I'm learning little by little I think the solenoids burned out now but everytime I connect the battery it just beeps I thought that if I disconnected the horns it'll shut up but I guess theirs another one for the alarm

By the way I'm 18

765

So the horn/s stuck on all the time the battery is hooked up? Not the alarm then?

765

Pull relay 11 or fuse 13 from your fuse box to stop the horns.

Best Answer

No its the alarm beeping the horns not stuck I in hooked the horns but ill start pulling those fuses and ill go from ther