no spark

95

Asked by Jan 16, 2011 at 06:15 PM about the 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr Highline Convertible

My 1997 vw cabrio highline doesnt have a spark.  It turns over but just won't start.  I checked and it looks like the distributor and the coil aren't getting a reading from the computer to spark. I'd rather not buy a computer if I don't have to, but does this seem to be my only option? I looked at it and it didn't look burned out or anything.  I've already replaced the fuel pump and the ignition coil.

how about camshaft and crankshaft position sensors? Either of those will cause no spark.

95

Well, I actually got it to spark and run but then it started to loose its acceleration. But, the next time I went to turn it on to do some more tests, it wouldnt run again. The ecu is sending out codes that the fuel injectors are bad. I checked those and they were fine. The camshaft and crankshaft position sensors are fine. I actually put another ecu in it too, which is when it started sparking again and running, but now I seem to start over again since it won't turn over...