1997 volkswagen cabrio won't start

Asked by Dec 30, 2007 at 05:09 PM about the 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

1997 volkswagen cabrio won't start when I went out to drive it today.  It was running fine this morning, but only cranks now.  I just filled up the gas tank last night.

you could have a bad fuel pump,takes 2 people one remove gas cap listen in tank while the other turns key on and off,ps do not try to crank.just on off a few times listen far a humming sound if nothing bad pump,you will have to put ear as close as you can to filler neck.

43,915

Yes, sounds like the fuel pump may have taken a dump. Often times this happens when you are low on fuel and refuel.

415

Most common problem on Cabrio's is the coil pack. It gets hot from the engine and cracks. its a pretty expensive part so see if you can find a good used one. it seems like i go through 1 ever year and a half, they just absolutely suck in cabrios.