My 96 cabrio starts then the motor just shuts off,what's the problem

Asked by Feb 14, 2013 at 07:20 PM about the 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

Even if u rev the gas it just shuts off ,what is

Wrong

ask yourself, what are the three components: spark, fuel, timing. one of these systems is what it is. did it start back up or you have a wasted timing belt?

2,895

Could be the immobilizer if equipped

does the VW have the panic shutdown of the electrical and fuel systems? Don't know maybe you could share this with us if you know hector?

apparently there is an immobizer what exists on diesels. Have you got a special igniton key with various functions. Hector seems to think it relates to your security immobilizer...never heard of this myself...check your owners manual!

1,415

Look into a new fuel filter if you dont know any history on it, its a critical and often neglected part

2,895

the immo is integrated in the instrument panel. you'll need to make a scan to know if there is a problem. most cases there is a light in the cluster to let you know. make a scan and give me codes to help you more

OK I will tti that but does car with x pm Tue dash

Anyone NP what that mwan