Why won't my locks work on my 96 cabrio?

5

Asked by Feb 05, 2013 at 09:51 AM about the 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

My 96 cabrio alarm went off when I was trying to unlock it and the doors wouldn't unlock, not even the trunk. After
breaking into my car I wasn't able to start the car and the alarm would go off every time I turned the key. Eventually
after some playing with it I was able to turn on the car, but the lock don't work. Please help!

5

I would say contact your local VW dealer. I know most of us do not want to go to the dealer for service but this sounds to me like your alarm/antitheft system may need to be reset.