what causes my engine to be slow on the take off but runs fine after i have shifted all gears

Asked by Jun 23, 2012 at 07:27 AM about the 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

210,665

Any number of things. Hard to diagnose based on your question. Nothing jumps out at me.

12,035

Do you mean it feels like the tranny is slipping or do you mean that the engine isn't running well until it warms up?

The engine missing and very sluggish. Its a manual transmission and doesn't feel like anything wrong. I have given a full tune up, cleaned the throttle body and changed the mass air flow sensor.

65

I'm in the middle of that same problem, i have a 95 cabrio and got the engine code 0515, which they say is the hall sensor or something like that, they said it was under the distributer and not hard to replace, check the teeth for oxidation, missing or messed up teeth. I just found that out today and am here to research it so that's all i got for you.

65

Ok, i fixed my problem which sounds the same as yours. Mine was the distributor, not just the distributor cap! It's actually easy to replace but can be expensive. Try these sites http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php for a new one. http://www.car-part.com/ for a used one. I got a used one for $50 and it's working fine, i will get a new now that i know what the problem is but i need to save for it. Distributors can get pricey.