Earlier I asked if I needed to recode the used instrument cluster I installed in a 95 vw Cabrio. I am not familiar with computer codes and transfering the infor from the old cluster to the new cluster

Asked by May 11, 2016 at 12:17 AM about the 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

\Not familiar with the codes and transfering info from the old instrument cluster to the new cluster. Crap all I wanted was to avoid the mechanic .Help

250,815

Should be plug and play, 2 plugs, right? Why are you replacing? Was there an issue with the old one? If so, the wring or ecm is the culprit. If your just replacing due to the look, the new one from the junkyard might be faulty. The odometer will not be accurate with the current car.

I am replacing the cluster as the odometer and speedometer work intermittently. The temp gauge is working but the fuel gauge is not. Yes there is two plugs, and I have put the original cluster back in.Will check the fuses. Four weeks ago I had the engine speed cable replaced. I agree that the instrument from the junkyard might be faulty have called the junkyard and have no return calls. I guess I will not tackle replacing the convertiable roof.ha Thanks for your help

Sorry the tachometer not odometer.

10,175

if you can't get the car to run with the new dash the nyea it needs to be recoded first to the car then the key. your other option is to frankinstien the old one. Be carful and gentle and you can disasemble the old ones tach and install the one from the new one.