ac not working

Asked by Sep 23, 2012 at 07:19 AM about the 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

ac stopp getting cold

95

You could try buying an all in one freon recharging kit with the gage and hose. It's pretty easy to re-charge, you just unscrew the cap on the LOW pressure site, hook up the hose and push the button. Instructions on the can. You can also get the kind that has the leak detector, it will show up neon green where the leak is. If you do that and it still isn't cold, you probably have a bad compressor, judging by the year of your car, that is it. Mine went out last year and I have a '96. Look on the internet for compressor and dryer assembly, should be able to find one for your car for under $200. Good Luck!