what is a hall sensor? or 0515 obd 2 fault code?

65

Asked by Jul 10, 2012 at 05:49 PM about the 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

Ok, so i finally found my obd2 port, and got the code 0515, which the computer said it was a hall
sensor(cam), but their book said something totally off the wall that didn't relate to my problem. what is a
hall (cam) sensor, and how hard is it to replace myself?  Or if you know the code 0515 for a 95 Cabrio
convertible 2.0. thanks everyone!

65

Okay, i can answer my own question. A hall sensor is the sensor inside the distributer!

2,905

in your car it is right, its inside the distributor but a cam sensor is the sensor that tells the ECU the position of the cam. It varies depending of the brand or engine you have. in 1995 VW they used old engines with new injection system so they took the old ignition body and used it as the cam sensor. They just added the crankshaft hole in the engine block and the toothed wheel in the crankshaft to get both sensors.