My temp guage does not rise and blows barley warm air why? Is it the temp coolant sensor or the upper one the temp sending unit. I am not sure if temp sending unit is the write word for this part.

Asked by Jan 28, 2012 at 03:05 PM about the 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

1,325

you are going to want to start with a new thermostat and new radiator cap-- it keeps the coolant in the motor untill it gets hot and then lets the coolant out to the radiator after the motor is warmed up -- often they stick open so the engine is in full cooling mode and cant warm up

Thank you I will try this. I put a new Coolant temp sensor in and now know the other is for the AC. after my post the guage worked after unplugging and replugging in the senosr but not after that one time. The new sensor did move the guage a little but I bet the cap and the thermostat do the trick. this is a pretty clean $1,100 car but has 217000 miles on it but does not leak anything and the oil and collant are clean. anything else I should look for? i have owned 2 beetles and a bus in the past but am not familiar with these water cooled engines.