I cannot open the trunk or gas door, the electrical unlock doesn't work. Is it a fuse problem. and how can I open the gas door.....I need to put gas in there..?

Asked by Jan 23, 2007 at 10:46 AM about the 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

When I use to unlock the driver door, it would unlock the passenger door, the trunk and gas door. What's up with that?

13,970

Dear ninetide-- First, don't panic about filling your tank. If you look under the trunk liner on the side of the fuel door you should find a button to push or a wire to pull that will release your fuel door. Refer to your owners manual or call a VW dealer if you have trouble finding it. As for the main problem, check your fuses located under the dashboard on the driver's side. I think the fuse is number 3. If the fuse is okay, you then go on to more serious problems and probably need professional help, It could be the bi-pressure pump or maybe even the master activator switch located in the door. I do think you will find your problem in the fuse box, however, because of the fact that the fuel door is also involved. Let me know how you make out. Good luck from Bovan.