how does the trunk work?

60

Asked by May 17, 2007 at 09:23 PM about the 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

the trunk lock in punched out so the place to put your key to open it is no longer existant is there any ways to get into the trunk cuz it is locked and there is no key hole to unlock it cuz it has been punced out

fold down the seat from the inside and do it manually from the inside by releasing the latch or pulling the cable.

60

The back seat does not fold down. If I pull the back seat material out a bit so I can look behind it, the material appears to be mounted to a two piece metal backing that is bolted from inside the trunk. I can see the ends of two bolts protruding into the backing from the other side. If there is a way to fold it down I cannot figure it out as I can't find any release latch or button.

20

What did you finally end up doing with this problem I have the same problem with mine and do not have a VW dealer within 1 hour drive.

60

The back of the rear seat folds down, however the release is in the trunk. We removed the back seat and were able to reach up under the back of the seat to get to the release. My trunk lock was punched out so I have rigged it so that is is never locked but can just push in on the lock to open the trunk. I also moved the seat back release into the car and have it along the passenger side of the rear seat so I can do it there in case the trunk latch accidentally locks again . . .