Antitheft device not shuting off?

Asked by Dec 02, 2006 at 07:50 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Dr LS Sedan

Car was just purchased from a used car lot and the antitheft kicked on and now the car will not shut off, unable to turn the key to off position. Vehicle keeps runing

18,045

Bring the car back to the place where you bought it. Because it was just purchased, it is the dealer's responsibility to make sure you were sold a working product. He/She should be able to fix this for you.

75

if u got it from a used car lot it probably doesnt have a warrenty so u cant take it back but just get rid of the antitheft device and your car should be fine if not then get rid of the antitheft device and disconnect the positive cable to the battery so it will reset the computer

10

I hv a 02 cav and I am having problem with the antitheft.How do you get rid of the devise.Key without chip.I would just like to know how to get rid of the dang gone thing

125

putting a scanner like gm's tech 2 on it you would get a code 2 diagnose it better but allot of times a new ignition can clear that anti theft light.