Convertible Top

5

Asked by Aug 04, 2007 at 06:47 PM about the 1999 BMW M3 Convertible

I pulled  handle under the back seat of my convertible and know the top will not operate.  How do I reset this and get the top to start working again?

14,565

Hi crockettfishound, I believe you manually open the top. Make sure both the lid motor and top motors are engaged into their transmissions. Open both the lid and top. Press the open conv't button and turn the key to position 1 and continue holding until 15 seconds after the convertible top lid has fully closed. If this does not work you would best be served to take it into your local dealership. Hope this helps!