Fan will not turn on I replaced the relay and the fan motor & nothing

100

Asked by Apr 03, 2011 at 02:26 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe FWD

Can somebody help me resolve my problem with my Cavalier Z 24. Fan will NOT turn at all, even after I changed the Fan Motor and the Relay

5,285

are you referring to the fan that is mounted by the radiator or the one for the HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system inside the car?

85

If it is the rad fan, i wonder if you checked your fuse for fan. I used to have a 1998 RS that would burn the rad fan, blow the fuse and put the engine like on if snow got around the engine. If I remember right, it is a big red fuse in the under hood fuse panel.

100

Yes the Fan Motor that's mounted on the radiator fan

100

Yes I checked the fuses I even replaced the Relay Switch , and yesterday Sunday, I replaced the Temperature Sensor, still didn't turn on I also turned the AC and the Heat on and nothing

5,285

if you can get a hold of the wiring diagram for the ECM or PCM, look for the circuit to check to make sure that there are no open and/or short circuit (usually worn off wire insulation). Also check to make sure the ground connection is tight and clean.

40

The fan connector may be the problem. With A/C on, wiggle the connector and see if fan starts. If so, pull connector and look with a flashlight at the connector terminals at the fan. One may be heat affected/corroded. This has happened twice on my 1998 Cavalier 2.4 liter. There is a replacement pigtail available through parts suppliers.

180

2001 Chevrolet cavalier the fan motor will not come on. The motor is a 2.2 liter and I have just replaced the head gasket. I started the motor and now the fan will not come on....Thank you.

I have the same problem, fan not coming on when engine gets hot, but works when you turn ac on. My fix, ran wire with fusably link from ignition wire right to fan. Fan comes on when I turn ignition on. When it gets winter time I pull the fuse out. Works great!

I used to sit in the car (sometimes, nap) for a bit with the car running. My engine got hot and the fan ran. I used to hear it turn on and off. One day, I heard a noise and the engine overheated. The mechanic told me that my 2000 cavalier has a fan in which, if the fan turns on while engine is sitting, you need to turn it off/on to reset the computer. Something close to that - off/on, resets the computer and turns off the fan. May not help, but may get you going in the right direction.