Slave Cylinder Replacement

5

Asked by May 04, 2009 at 01:05 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier 2 Dr Z24 Coupe

The clutch in my car will depress then not release. I checked under the car to see a leak coming from what looks like the transaxle. I've ruled out it being the springs, and have narrowed it down to the slave clyinder (possibly). I need to know how easy/not easy this will be, and the steps to fix it (Hayes Manual is not very enlightening). Thanks for any help given :)

10

its a bitch to do your self you got to drop the motor and the tranny as one unit by undoing the sub frame honestly i got the same problem to fix it temp add dot 3 fluid to you clutch resovoir and have a shop do it i got quoted 500 for labour then the part so itll be around 800 after taxes

95

if you drop the sub frame you can take the tranny out with no problem it is not to bad race them and i have had to do 6 times this year it takes about 4 hours to do