How do you turn on the cruise control and set the speed you want to be held?

65

Asked by Aug 20, 2007 at 12:16 PM about the 1989 Toyota Supra 2 dr Hatchback

I just bought a 1989 Toyota Supra in Maryland and drove it back to Colorado. I didn't get an owners manual, and was trying to set the Cruise control.  I tried all the ways I have ever had to set it, and none worked.  I would like to know how to turn it on, and set the desired speed I want kept.  

43,935

It is possible, if you tried other methods and were not able to get it to work, that the cruise control module is defective. These are normally controlled by vacuum, so a cracked or broken/disconnected vacuum line or diaphragm inside the cruise unit could cause them not to work. Check this out when you have a chance.

25

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/resources/SUPRA_MKIV/CRUISE_CONTROL_SYSTEM.PDF Might be a comp chip problem too.

65

In my 88, there is a cruise master switch on the left cluster beside the steering column, engage this. Then its just a matter of setting the desired speed with the control buttons. Hope this helps.

25

get to the speed u want , then switch it on and if it works then it'll hold that speed