crankshaft problems

Asked by Nov 03, 2010 at 10:53 PM about the 1986 Toyota Supra 2 dr Hatchback

got main bearings width 22mm and the crankshaft has 25mm main bearings looking for a number to order and possible crankshaft and one conecting rod for the same engine block.engine shows 7mge machine shop says these are the only ones

sounds right.

I bought bearings for a 7mge engine at an engine machine shop the gave me bearing that have a 22mm width I need a 25mm width, the lady at the machine shop said they don't make 25mm main bearing for a 7mge engine. it says 7mge on the timing cover so assuming it is...

they will still work.they still are the same bearings,in a toyota,22mm is a 25 mm,it is strange about the size but still the same bearing.

No, even the lock tabs are on the wrong side. I don't know if this is a different crankshaft or a different motor ?

OK,sounds as if the motor has been swaped out,try 85 or lower,or 86 and higher,I think they can interchang 3 years eather way.

Ok, I'll try that thank you very much. =)