I have a 1985 Toyota Celica gts the headlights will flip up but they want come on all my other lights work can you tell me things I can check myself before taking it to a shop thank you

Asked by Sep 09, 2015 at 10:34 PM about the 1985 Toyota Celica GT-S Convertible

1,945

check the wiring where it bends there is some problems when the flip up headlights go up and down to much they flex the wires and they break. more then likely the bulbs are out. take a light tester and check the wiring for power and or jump the terminals on the back of the light from the battery

1,945

make sure you unplug it before you test the light bulb to make sure you dont short out the ground

105

As Mark stated above , check the wiring harness where the light assembly pivots. You can also plug in a known good bulb and check the operation , verify you have power at the socket where the bulb plugs in with a test light . Check your fuses most imports have the headlamp fuses in the fuse box that's in the engine bay area. good luck.