I'm getting ready to start a restoration project on a 76 sr 5. I was wondering where I can find parts, mechanical / chrome

Asked by Jun 02, 2012 at 07:54 AM about the 1976 Toyota Corolla SR5

http://www.car-part.com/

I had a 76 sr-5 and just a few tweaks and you got you'r self a bottle rocket!!! change the ignition from mecanic to to a electronic (I used a 3-tc engein electronic ignition, fits right in) it changes the spark from 12v to 24v you feel the power and the consumption change instantly . The carb it's a bit tricky, i had a special mount and installs 4 Honda motor bike carbs, 1 for each cylinder! it was great except if you took a corner to hard would kinda stall, a small holly carb with a factory kit is an easy bolt on but then your fuel pump falls short, The best I found is a Weber http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/product_p/wk741.htm Hand port the manifold with a file you'll see were the engine exhaust blows directly on top of the metal once you remove the manifold and inspect it. this adds a few ponies and it cost nothing. no mater how good it looks it has rust right under the bottom ends of the rear windshield adders this first. Change the rear drum breaks for the front wheel brakes and disks of a Volvo 440 1983 you'll find these real cheap at any junker dealer only one mod is necessary to shorten the position of the caliper. great for drifting in 2nd gear ! these cars are fun.

15

I have some body parts, ��.