What causes the Air Conditioner in my Toyota to blink and and no cold air comes out?

Asked by Aug 18, 2007 at 09:19 PM about the 1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe

I have an '87 Toyota Corola FX 16 GTS. The AC works intermittently. Sometimes it works fine with no problem, and at times it works for a little bit and then denpending on which mode I have it set, one of the buttons blinks and no cold air is coming out. After several tries of turning the AC off and on then it works again... for a little while until it decides to not work again. Is there some sort of a solenoid or switch that is going bad, or is this a sign of something worse to come?

42,935

I would speculate that either the climate control head assembly is going bad, or else you have a problem with the pressure transducer or A/C clutch relay. Have the system tested to see if the refrigerant pressure is correct and if everything is working as it should.