99 S10 blazer will sometimes start and sometimes will not why

10

Asked by Nov 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

Ok so this has been driving me nuts! My s10 blazer will never start on the first try when I turn it over sometimes it will start on the second try but usually its the 3rd try. today I tried 40 times and it wouldn't I could spray starter fluid into the intake and it would try then fail I did notice this time that the gas gauge said empty so I thought someone had taken my gas so I put in 5 gal and the needle didn't change, In the proses I drained my battery  so I decided to charge my battery up and when I tried again a few hours later the gas gauge came up and it started right up. what is going on? It has the 4.3 l engine

18,775

check basic tune up items, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Then if that checks out you need a fuel pressure test done. Sounds like a failed pump, could be the regulator tho

10

I gave it a tune up less then a year ago new wires and plugs I do not believe there is a distributor cap I could be wrong just seems strange that if I put a battery charger on it will start just fine.

18,775

it does have a dist cap and rotor, they are known to collect moisture and corrode

10

mine also starts fine aslong as it has a charger hooked to it but if not it will crank alday long hook a chargerb an it starts right up wonder why just crAZY