what are the differences between toyota corolla dx sedan 1976-1983 in the way it looks and and also price when re-selling

Asked by Apr 21, 2014 at 03:29 AM about the 1983 Toyota Corolla DX

so basically i have been saving for a while now to get a old school dx sedan .. i was told i want to go for one between the years of 1976-1982 as 83 is not worth it in the sense on re-selling because it can cut 2grand off the price is this true and if so why? also i was told the 83 dx has a longer boot were as the older versions the boots are shorter ..if i could have more information on the differences about the car within these years that would be great :) as theres a 1983 one i want too buy but dont want too if they are not worth as much or different in looks

Where do you live where a 30 year old Toyota's worth $2000.00?

Good question Boho- my ex just bought and sold an old lady '78 Corolla for $1300- no rust SW car- I don't get the attraction, but I appreciate the fact that Alex is thinkin' outside the box- you go, girl- just google it and look at Wikipedia and "images"- I don't think that the market for Corollas this old is very big- and I don't get the value difference you mention-

Looks like Alex lives in AU or NZ?

i live in nz and here dx old school corollas are boy racer cars people do them up put alot of money into them ..so the ones im talking about come with modifications ..good paint job loud exhaust ect thats why they are more expensive

Oh, ok, now I understand. The Toyota's of that vintage, back where I'm from, those things aren't even found in the bone yards any more. But I have seen few for sale here in the Philippines.

also there rear wheel so people like them for doing skids and turning them into drift cars .. one i wanted to buy had a turbed rb 20 det engine so people real put time and money into them..i like them cause there old school which is more rear and old school toyotas that dont have computers in them like cars these days!! are easier to fix and seem to go forever! .. one im looking to buy at the moment is $5000

Hey Alex, can you post a picture?

i did up the top