wont start

25

Asked by May 31, 2008 at 01:35 PM about the 1982 Toyota Corolla DX

runs but when turning on the to start nothing happends.everything works can even jump start it in gear but if turned off will not start . what wires go to starter and any other places? I have a station wagon!

75

if you dont know enough about cars to diagnose that problem or figure out where the starter is you need to take it to a shop.

25

did you check your starter motor?Or mabey it's your alternator that's done .Mabey that's why it's start wne you jump start it .

875

i agree with the above pedofile. lol. check the starter motor. or even better, buy a new car.

670

sound like the starter is bad find the starter and give it a few good whacks then try to start it with the key if it starts it the starter if not it also could be starter or starter relay or corroded wires to the starter

5

I have a 1981 corolla and have the same problem. The only way my car starts is when it cool or a few seconds after its been turned off. other than that i have to jump start it. it not the starter. i just got a new one.

765

your stating it starts with a jump? if so clean the battery cables and check the battery.

5

I'll do so and report back to everyone

20,605

from the key switch to the starter solonoid to the starter motor is current flow and before that a fuseable link [good possible] or alas the start motor ,the solonoid is on top of starter motor,if you take,,,,never mind you may run someone over being its a stick

God, you people are IDIOTS!! If you can't give anyone a definitive answer to their problem. DON'T answer...Nuff Said!! "Duh, get a new car"... Or even stupider, " Doy, take it to a shop". ..Friggin really?! Morons.