What makes a Toyota more reliable than a Korean car?

Asked by Apr 13, 2013 at 09:23 AM about the 1989 Toyota Corolla DX

Having serviced both Toyotas and Hyundais can say with authority that the Koreans don't take it all the way
through.  Front rotors are a prime example whereby you've got to machine them on the car using the engine as your
lathe engine....Coolant recovery dip tube is cheap, falls off and causes catastrophic failure, all for a .03 cent
item...kinda near sighted, yet tote themselves as being all that. Welcome your wrenchworthy adjustments to this
assertion.

Papa Tony Hacker father of 12 children was an inspector for Eaton Corp, who frequently made and inspected Toyota parts...well tony says not one single part came in out of spec...all were dead on!...takes Japanese thinking to accomplish this.

Toyota has been building cars for many many years before Hyundai, Toyota a has superior engineering, close tolerance parts, no peers in reliability, better materials both raw and machined and I could go on and on, that's just for starters..

Best Answer

Case in point above...more attention to detail, better warranty...

8 of 10 Toyotas manufactured since 2003 are still on the road, and half of the ones not on the road were wrecked, leaving 5% of cars in junkyards because of mechanical failures and I bet that is because they were not given proper maintenance..I don;t have numbers for Korean cars but I don't think the come close to that

and easier to work on (more wrench clearances) and not as troublesome, lately alarms are chimin' bells are ringin' all for something totally minor~ it's a joke on the unwitting owner.

Claims of 500,000 ,miles (unsubstantiated but believable), 250,000 common and proven

Specifically cited two examples of how Hyundai continues to 'cheap out' causing failures...honestly wish they'd just have done these things correctly with determined quality control, seems like the slap of a lawsuit is the only thing what puts these guys steady on course~

need we go on? We can...

And the "uncontrolled acceleration" debacle was proven to be floormats, and in only a very few cars, then people began to drive 100mph intentionally in an attempt to 'jump on the bandwagon' for a quick buck, deep pockets Toyota...my Corolla has little hooks in the floor and grommets on the mats

Now a domestic, woman getting the crap beat out of her in the front yard. and every one of these is the same general area..you think he would do that inside..?

I'm afraid of vast walled suburbs like one might see in Carmel.

every activity is monitored though Google Earth (if it's outside in view).

I'm turning it off, depressing what goes on, cops have a tough job, and this is worse than TV news, which is saying something. I can get any County in the State form the website