Also have a brake problem.

105

Asked by Jan 20, 2008 at 11:57 AM about the 1988 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe

The right front brake sticks and causes a vibration when the car has been on the road for awhile.This problem is more apparent in the summer heat..it gets worse at the warmer part of the day.

Replacement parts have been put on by requested mechanics...new brake hose,3 calipers, front pads,rotor,new slave,master,power boost.When the car is on the rack, you can spin all the wheels but the right front sticks.Any ideas will be of help.

7,045

if it sticks you have a sticky brake or wheel bearing issue. when the wheels are turned, whenin the air on the rack. is there any noise?

44,215

Yes, sounds like a hub or bearing isssue to me. They need to also check for play in the bearings by putting one hand on the 6 o-clock position and one on the 12 o-clock position of the wheel when in the air and try to rock/move it, this will help check for wheel bearing probs.

105

The brake also sticks at the hottest part of the day, it was at the very worst in the hot summer heat! She had new bearing put on 7 years ago. I have had then checked with no issues there.....she just had new cv boots placed on three weeks ago.I took her to Toyota who said the rod in the power boost may not be positioned correctly.As this repair was done in Pensacola after the hurricane hit there. I had two mechnical work on her who had no electricity and when dark approached there was little light to see the job properly.

105

When she had bad bearings I heard a pop on the turns....this was solved 7 years ago. This will be reinspected but I doubt, this is the fix.

215

Has the proportioning valve been checked?

5

My purchased new 2008 Corolla Sport has 248,000 miles on it and the only trauma to the body was hitting a coyote at 60 mph. About two weeks ago I started getting a mild vibration in the steering wheel at about 60 mph but when I applied the brakes, it went from mild to extreme. Struts not leaking, no excessive play in CV Joints, all lug nuts tight, all tires balanced about 6 weeks ago, no play in steering, all brake pads & shoes good. Problem was the bottom driver side alignment pin on the disk brake was seized. Test drive up to 70 mph with hard braking shows problem solved.

I have n problem with my front brake it get hard end sametimes the car can't move back ore forward cause the brakes are not releasing.what can be the problem I'm desprite for help it is a toyota 1984 corolla