my 1999 chev blazer will stall when i put in drive whats the problem?

5

Asked by Jun 19, 2008 at 03:59 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 2 Door LS 4WD

I have a 1999 chevy blazer, and when I put it in drive it stalls. whats the problem?

35

is is bogging out?... what exactly is going on... cause one thing could be that the Idle is off so when you put it in drive and it takes the load its not enough to keep it running... david

idle is factory set cant change it.change your air filter.and your collent temp sencer could be bad.also get a can of carb cleanert and clean out your throttle body.

42,965

Could also be that the Torque convertor clutch solenoid in the transmission is fried. This will allow it to idle, but when it is put in drive, it's like letting the clutch out on a manual trans. with the car in gear.

agreed

35

it dose not do it in a gear it just dose it on start up. I have to pust the gas petetal to get it started.

if you take off in it and make several stops while your out and does it do it on every crank? my question is is your service engine lite on? If it is your best bet is to try going to your local advance auto parts or Orilley's and have them scan for trouble codes most will do it for nothing it could be just a sensor. so does it do it every time if you make several stops in in one trip when restarting it? and is the service engine lite on?