02 sensor

Asked by Apr 17, 2011 at 10:55 AM about the 1981 Toyota Celica GT liftback

I have a 81 liftback with 63000 miles, real nice car, anyway, I changed the 02 sensor, but no one
seems to know how to make sensor light go out any advice?

755

There's two ways you can do it. #1 thake to a dealer and they can shut it off by pluging it into a computer. That may charge you. #2. Unhook the pos battery cable for a min or so then hook it back up. The only prob with that is you will loose memory on your raido and you'll have to reprogram your station. But its free. If you do this and the light does not go off. Or comes back on after around 50 miles. There's another prob. Then back to square one. Let me know if this helps

10

Hi I had a 1981 in 1982 best car in the world. That light goes on evey 30,000 miles no matter what. Go under the dash and remove that light box, it clicks off. Get a steel toothpick like tool and click a little swith it has inside. that will do it.