What is the value of a 1975 Celica GT with very little rust; no paint problems; all rust is not noticable when looking from the car 3 feet away? ...113k miles

10

Asked by May 03, 2013 at 09:25 PM about the 1975 Toyota Celica GT coupe

where are you/is the car?

18R engine?

10

Ohio and I am assuming its an Ohio car. Looks like it must have been stored in a garage and I'm not sure of the engine type; probably whatever is standard on a GT The car is priced at $2800 but I have talked him down to $2300 and was wondering what a car like this would typically sell for to make sure I am not over paying

It's good. It's a great car, just watch oil changes as I had a 1973 18R engine self-destruct on me~

Best Answer
10

Kbb.com does not have a slot for 70's cars so what would you say this car I'm describing is worth? I can send pics if you give me an email I'm just using this site off my phone

65

The value of that car is whatever you are willing to pay someone to take the jalopy off your hands!!

10

Would you say it's worth around 2k or less?

sure, take it out of the salt belt...California, will do.~

Jalopy? Just can't let that one go...this is one the smartest sportiest cars of the time, can remember taking it up to 75MPH in winter in 1979 (my near exact) without breathin' hard. -to find one with reasonably low mileage is a true gem...go back to your lovely bar of soap lookin' cars of today Rob!~

Getting rarer by the day...Got my 73 Datsun wagon (one of a kind it would seem for a mere 1500), and ran it and ran it...out in California things don't rust...ya see...came here with a '72 Suburban pullin "the Little Champ" fiberglass 1959 vacation trailer and got maybe 3mpg the whole way, of course the motor had a bad cylinder, and was terribly rusted, so I was thinking in Wisconsin prices and let it go for 500...should have fixed the motor and sold it for 1500, rust ignored here, for the most part~ Drunken neighbor (now deceased) smashed it up a pole...will NEVER find another one like it...my gem in life...gone--- cars are that way, you really cannot fall in love with them unless you've got it safely roped off in a museum~