Window goes down, won't go back up... Dashboard, parking n side markers won't light...

Asked by Feb 13, 2014 at 06:46 PM about the 1988 Toyota Camry LE

I have an 88 Toyota Camry and the rear drivers side window won't go up but it will go
down if I press the back window button. When I try to control it in the front, all of the panel
lights go off and back on when I let the button go. Also, I've tried to locate the problem
with my lights. Every time I put a fuse in and turn on the parking lights to light up the
dashboard, the fuse blows. I've disconnected the yellow box and opened it, to find that a
small wire that's soldered onto the board was messed up, so I know that has to be
replaced. Checked all wires for any cuts and I don't see any. Will someone please help
me and please..... I'm new to this "fix it yourself" thing and this is my first car so.... Simple
language that I can understand would be helpful. Someone help me please?

19,955

Switch is bad on the front drivers door . The window motor is going out in the back rear. It takes a lot more power to raise it all than let it down. Take the park light bulbs out one at a time and put a fuse in with lights on. The one that doesn't blow the fuse is the bad one. Check the bulb. socket and wiring to that bulb.

Best Answer
19,955

To that light.

Ok, so I was watching the lights blink as the window went down, but as I pushed it up there was no movement in the light as tho there was a circuitry problem.

19,955

That's why the front switch is bad. No contact - but it works with the back switch.

I touched the driver door and I've realized that there's a bad wire in there because I got the window up. So it's not the window motor. Im going to check the wires on the lights to find a frayed or bruised wire. I wanted to splice the wires but I don't want to do that when it could be a wire that needs to be checked somewhere. I really believe that all my problems are due to a short in a wire.