I saw a website at h2own.com that explains turning water into gas: Possible?

Asked by Oct 08, 2008 at 12:06 AM about the 1979 Honda Accord 2 DR Hatchback

the site at h2own.com
also claims the technology they're offering can
increase horsepower of the car, cleans the emission,
scrub old carbon and sludge and increase the cars mpg
by double or more...
Have anyone heard of this?
Is it real?
If it's real, do you think I can install it on my
'79 Honda Accord with CVCC engine?

Adam Morgan

It looks like they are saying to use electrolysis while the engine is running to increase the oxygen and hydrogen richness... Short answer NO this is a scam and a half. Don't believe me? Fill a small pan with water....Coil some exposed solid copper wire around a pencil... Remove the coils from the pencil and carefully slide the coils into two identical (clear) elongated containers(A tall narrow glass or something of the likes... a pair of graduated cylinders if you have 'em).... Fill them with water and place them open-side-down in the pan of water (The water level should stay near the top of the containers if they are air tight.... Connect each coil to a insulated wire with the opposite sides of the wire outside of the water. Connect the wires to the terminals of a 12 volt battery... Notice how little gas is produced... Do you honestly believe that is a viable option? Don't you think car manufacturers would have done this already? After all this is a cheap science experiment you show middle school kids so they think science is cool. I'm sure you'll remember watching this after you've gotten started...

Allen Jensrud

they have stuff now that will turn water into hydroden to run things but big oil is keeping it quiet

Adam Morgan

Hydrolysis has been known about for decades. It's slow and inefficient. Plus storing hydrogen and/or oxygen is expensive and potentially dangerous, especially in a gaseous state. And the energy per unit volume is relatively low. There is no conspiracy, the oil companies are not keeping secret technology from the world. The don't go to the major research universities of the world and wack the researchers who are finding alternative sources. Hydrogen is just not a viable fuel source, there are too many problems.

Daniel Oliver

One of the laws of thermodynamics is basically you can't get something from nothing since energy cannot be created nor destroyed. There's not much energy in water not to mention it is a completely different molecular structure than water considering it has carbon etc and carbon is the main thing that makes gasoline burn. Don't listen when you find little websites showing "secret ways of improving efficiency" and stuff especially ones for water and air. If it is so spectacular, everybody would be doing it.

Chris Martorella

I have looked into this option for my accord, currently there is not an economical way to run your car off hydrogen. But, the websites that offer this hydrogen booster kits do just that they boost your MPG's and lower emissions. There has to be modification on newer cars to the MAP sensor to make it effective. In addition, the amount of gas produced can be increased by the addition of more amps not voltage. Car batteries have alot of amps, not to mention the amount produced off the alternator went the car is running. The kits also claim to produce the gas called Brown's gas or HHO. I have not been able to make it. The devices they use to produce this HHO gas are difficult to built and I don't have the right tools. If you want to learn more just look up HHO or electrolysis on youtube. I have yet to find a website that doesn't complete BS you into buying something.