Does anyone know the original price of the 1973 or 1974 honda civic hatchback?

10

Asked by Feb 21, 2013 at 05:40 PM about the 1973 Honda Civic Hatchback

This is a research question

I would have to really dig for the exact cost, but I am fairly sure it was either just under $3000 or just over. If there's a reason you need the exact cost, well I would need to know what options were chosen etc. Please tell me that's close enough...LOL

10

Is there a way to find the current value for this car in moderately good condition? I expect rust would be a major issue if one were to be found. The ballpark cost is useful, thank you. I am sure that a 30-year old cheap car is not a collectible. FYI, this is the car that Karen Silkwood was driving when she was killed in 1975. Her death and the story aroud it is what I am researching.

238,055

Original MSRP for the 1973 Hatchback was $2250, current average retail for one is about the same price. The 1974 model was $2545.

The Silkwood connection is interesting, however I'm not really sure if it would truly effect the value of the car even if it were in mint condition. IMHO, the only person who would actual see that the value in the car as something special would be a Silkwood fan and I doubt there are many. Your question would probably be better directed to someone from an auction house who specializes in this sort of issue. Personally I just don't see it and I am familiar with the incident with Silkwood. If it were a car owned by Steve Macqueen like his GT40 that sold recently for 11 million at auction, well that would be different but there's frankly just not enough in Karen Silkwood to make it of much value over what the value is had it not been her car. I'm sorry and I could be completely wrong and I hope so. good luck

I had a 1973 Honda Civic like this without air conditioning. Was even the same color. May have been a two door. I thought we paid $1400 for it new, but maybe not.

I have a 1974 Honda Civic I bought 2 month ago.the car has no motor or transmission but the car is almost mint I came across the car in a garage on jack stands it had been there god only knows how long look like they bought the car drive it home pulled the motor and transmission and never touched it I'm looking to sell if anyone interested

How much for that 1974 civic