The towing alarm on my Mercedes R350 will not go off!

10

Asked by Oct 31, 2013 at 11:07 PM about the 2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R 350 4MATIC

After parking in my garage and getting out of the car, I noticed an alarm going off on my car. It is the towing alarm and it took awhile to locate the directions in the manual but I turned it off on the dash. Well, the alarm is still on and will not go off. I started the car and then parked it again and it is still on. The dash now says that the towing alarm is off but it is not. The Mercedes shops in MN are all closed so I called CA right before they closed for the night. CA told me to locate a button on my dash that resembled  the back end of a car with a hook and push it. Well, I think that button must be on a different Mercedes as I cannot see any button like this in my vehicle. I have pretty much tried every button and nothing. I have a haunted car on Halloween and it has been on for three hours now. The sound is getting faint and the battery is probably about dead by now. Do you have any idea how to turn it off? Or, what is causing it?

5,740

I think what you are seeing is the anti theft light flashing? that will not drain your bat. If you think it is some thing else disconect you negative bat cable for about 10 minuts and that should reset your emc

10

Thanks for the quick response. It originally said that it was the towing alarm on my dash. After I reset it, it kept going. (Not the loud siren alarm but a buzzing in the front of the car) Why would the anti theft go off when I am driving after unlocking my own car? The battery is dead as I did not see your helpful answer until I awoke this morning. (I posted it too late) Thanks again.

10

Ok, it is me again and the towing alarm went off again on Halloween and again last night on Friday the 13th. This car is possessed! Again, I cleared the dash and it is going off again and the dealership is closed. My husband was able to remove the negative battery post but after twenty minutes, he connected it again and it is still going off. The dealership said they think it is some sort of electrical issue when I called them.

10

Hi again, my towing alarm just went off AGAIN and the third time since Halloween! On Mercedes, it is not convenient to get to the battery/fuse to deactivate power. Is it possible to permanently disable this annoying towing alarm that seems to go off whenever I go over uneven terrain? It seems to just drain the battery every time it goes off as it will not deactivate until the battery is dead. (Even when I reset it) UGH!