Merc ML320 2002 ABS BAS ETS issue

Asked by Oct 12, 2013 at 08:30 PM about the 2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML 320 4MATIC

hi there,

my ML 2002 has the old ABS,ETS,BAS light issue that stays on while driving. I also get the buzzing from the pump while driving and continues when when driving.  I am aware of this model had been recalled to have break switch done. Done it.
also just had the wasted expense of the abs module/pump replaced. Didn't work.
A few months before these retched lights appeared and weird buzzing noise happens on right hand turns and continues for a few secs after engine is off , I had to have a small leak in the steering fixed . the leak is gone which is great but is it possible that he had thrown out the telescopic steering at the same time?
The battery is good , and it doesn't throw any codes at all while driving.
But it did throw up a code (apparently) saying the module had to be replaced.
so over it.  otherwise it runs well.
any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
regards and out of pocket

Nice to someone with a number other than zero under they're icon. You mostly likey have a funky wheel speed sensor. The ABS control unit thinks one or more of the of the wheels has lost traction which causes the pump to run to apply brake pressure to the slipping wheel or wheels. One of the sensors stops sending a signal like it is stationary or blocked. Look for obvious damage to the sensor wires. If nothing then you'll have to have a tester connected to the vehicle and monitor the sensors while driving.

Best Answer Mark helpful

hey there, thanks so much for ur info! I find out the kerfuffle on Wednesday, so i'll let you know what happens. For a girl I need all the info on this model I can get. the ml is not my fort'e but is great for the whole have a baby now idea. I am into the 380sc and 400 sel-500sel's, wow they don't just don't make em like this anymore..... i'll add a few more mercs of mine to increase the rank for you! thanks again guys

Did you get a result? Think I may have a similar fault :-( any help would be great :-)

take the car right to the DEALER ONLY.

I really never herd of this problem ever.

I got it too. Been to a dealer. Said they can't find anything. Had a new brake switch. No help. Indy shop can't figure it out. Read the codes, nothing specific. Lights are on all the time now. Stuck in 2d gear. Tried the steering wheel thing no luck.