ML320

Asked by Jun 30, 2009 at 05:33 AM about the 2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML 320 4MATIC

Hello, I am curious to know if you would recommend purchasing an ML320 to someone looking to utilize it for a daily driver?  I own a business that requires me to drive a lot although I cannot really continue to drive my lifted 99 Jeep Cherokee due to it being a gas hog and having too many noises and constant mechanical issues.  There is a dealer in my area that has a nice one with aftermarket wheels for sale that I was considering purchasing for business travels.  It has 89,000 miles and the dealer was wanting $9,000.00 for the vehicle.  From what I noticed the vehicle seems to be in really good condition.  The only issues that I noticed is it needing a new key fob and the pod which holds the 2 window switches on the back of the console seems a bit loose.  Physically it seems to be in really good condition although I am concerned about the long term and preventive maintenence issues since I have never owned a mercedes.

Thanks,

Rob Davis

225

When you think about it.. Compared to many of the new cars on the market today, the Mercedes ML series, don't cost all that much more to maintain or repair as they do. I replaced a 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport with a 98 ML320. I get about 30% better fuel mileage with the ML, a better ride, more space and more luxury than a Jeep will ever get you. Not to mention Mercedes durability. There are some small quality issues with the ML as they were built in the US in conjunction with Chrysler. So, some interior pieces are a bit chinsy, and the seatbelts have some difficulty retracting. Maintenance is a bit more due to 8 qts of synthetic oil at oil change time, and it has 12 spark plugs. The items I have replace on mine with 113,000 miles have been tires, brakes, rear springs (broken) rear shocks (worn out) and I'm waiting to get it into the shop to replace the center support bearing on the driveshaft. This I don't understand, because the front part of the driveshaft is only a foot long. The Ml is very comfortable to travel in and fuel mileage is respectable.With 2 people at 70 mph I average about 26 MPG.

10

im having trouble with my 1999 mercedes ML320 can you give any details on what to do first