We are looking at a 1999 ml320 with 127,000 miles. Any problems we should worry about at that mileage People have been saying there are initial problems....

Asked by Mar 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM about the 1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320

110

Basically you have to worry about the engine. Repairs on engine are extremely expensive if you cant do them your self. Also I recommend going to a machenic $100, they should be able to tell you what are the hidden problems and can tell you how much it will cost to fix them later. You rather pay $100 and not buy the car then buy the car and recieve $4000 repair bill.

Thanks for the advice, very helpful! Thats exactly why I was asking, we don't want to but it and have to dump alot of money we don't have into it!!

55

Vehicle should be fine if recommended maintenance items have been performed. Many things are due or should have been done at 100K miles and at intervals of 30K. I would research this and inquire about them with the seller.

2,655

Good advice from all above, definately check there is a comprehensive service history, however the most important thing is to remember you are buying a high maintainence model and you will have to spend big bucks ; shocks wear, steering & suspension bushes perish,exhaust sytem corroding internally and externally- especially the cat converter, and most importantly check ALL the electrical gadgets as these can be very expensive to replace / repair. Once you have weighed up the overall condition you could have yourself either a reliable family workhorse or a liability. Regards.

30

I had one of the first ML 320,s and it almost killed me with the problems. Nine campaigns -5 fuel pumps, brakes, key pads, sliding roof, noise, et all. Read consumer report on the 2007 ML 350 and bought a certified pre owned from a dealer in Athens. I had a 500 SEL that lasted for ever, the reason I bought the first ML. Stay away from the MLs. Way too expensive to repair and the tech either don’t know or are told not to say anything. MB has lost, lost, lost its star of quality and excellence. I have had continued transmission problems with the 2007, had a flush done at scheduled right time by MB dealer. Continued to document the shifting problems others have listed. Into the shop-no codes indicated so MB said they don’t know what is wrong. Recently failed and no one from the dealer to MBUSA cares one bit.