What is done in a "B" service to my 2000 E320 4-matic wagon

Asked by Oct 05, 2013 at 05:12 PM about the 2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC Wagon

210,295

B SERVICE: - Inspect windshield wiper inserts and service windshield washer system (Replacement of wiper inserts additional*). - Inspect and rotate tires, record tread depth, and correct tire pressure. (Wheel balance additional*). -excludes AMG, Sports Models, SLK, and vehicles with staggered wheels - Engine oil change and oil filter replacement -Includes Mobil 1 synthetic oil - Lubrication service - Includes hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker plates, sun roof tracks and top off all fluids - Cooling system inspection - Includes antifreeze protection level, hoses and clamps - Brake inspection - Includes check of pad thickness and condition of discs, fluids and lines - Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional*. Dust filter prices vary by model) - Function check - Includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior lights, seat belts, windshield wiper and washer - Inspect and lubricate throttle linkage - Check and clean air filter - Reset flexible service system counter - Inspect front axle ball joints; check steering play and power steering clutch; and rear differential levels - Inspect Poly V-Belt for condition - Inspect starting and charging system and service battery - Inspect climate control refrigerant

7,995

And don't forget your Platinum card when you go to the dealer. It will most likely be the most expensive oil change you have ever paid for. You can probably find a good independent mechanic to do the same for about half the cost. That being said - B Service is important so that you can keep up with any wear or maintenance issues before they get out of hand.

150

B service is basically an A service with a higher price tag if you go to the dealership. When I do the B service I perform standard all the "additional" items the dealer tachs on as these items are almost always necessary to replace to keep your vehicle fresh and spry. Oil and filter change. Engine air filter replacement. Cabin micron dust filter replacement Wiper blade replacement. Top fluids. Add fuel stabilizer/cleaner. Inspect every portion of the vehicle and record any issues. Run a complete diagnostic to see if anything is rearing its ugly head. Use low pressure to inform customer of any concerns while stressing any repairs that REALLY need performed now. At the dealer the customer will get a fancy appearing book report explaining all the issues from a massive laundry list they have found with their vehicle. This fluff looks all fine and dandy but in most cases is laughable once the list is dwindled down from a second opinion. The key to keeping this list to a bare minimum is too keep up on your maintenance and take it to a shop that knows Mercedes. Preferably and honest one.

60

according to our dealer, the B service is a A service as indicated already plus the transmission oil and filter change and a change of the brake fluid. On a E350 4matic that service comes around 1400 CAD

7,995

As I said earlier in this post - you DO NOT need to go to the dealer for this service or to maintain any warranty coverage. "B" service is important though. Go to any reliable mechanic and get this done for probably 1/2 or less the cost of MB dealer.

60

you want to make sure that the new transmission fluid is the one Mercedes uses, I was told that one is special. As Bobkat advised, the job can be done by any decent mechanic. Just make sure the parts and fluids are sound. On a E350 you have double air filters etc.maybe on a E320 as well, just so you know.