transmission gets stuck

Asked by Jan 05, 2009 at 02:18 PM about the 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 350 Coupe

Anyone else have this issue, where the CLK 350 coupe gets stuck in a lower gear, and the rpms go high?  turn off and then fine...

70

I had the same issue on my 2006 CLK350 CAB. One trip to the dealership later, they fixed it under warranty...issue with a module that shifts gears (or something like that). Would have been a $2200USD repair otherwise. Hope this helps.

20

Bumping the gear shift leaver to left will cause the transmission to down shift and enter manual mode (bumping to the right up shifts). If you want to go back to automatic mode, Put it in neutral and then back to drive.

1,655

is your transmission fluid old ?? if yes change it as soon as possible All of it ( no top ups ) . old fluid can cause alot of big problems then this , or if your car has been driven more then 1,00,000 Km i think its time for u to replace the clutches or the belt inside it

185

i would suggest a fluid and filter change--sounds like the filter is plugged restricting flow

8,885

if the mileage is over 100,000 do not touch the filter or fluid, just add to it....however the computer module is the most common to go. always call the dealer and ask of open recalls, and most likely the service writer will assist you on common or quick fixes, not diag., but ideas.. let me know specifics, and i can help you further

255

Sometimes u need to wait & heat up the engine so the shifting would not affect the catalytic converter.....Delay only happens when first started !

Mine is doing the same thing. Only now when i cut off then back on it still stays stuck in first gear & rpms go up to about 3000 rpms & im only going 25 mph.

14,725

I was tolod there is a save mode to the transmission. If there is an issue, it will go to the save mode and not up shift. My wife's car lost a lot of fluid and it stayed in third gear, 60 mph at 4,000 rpms. She call me and I had her bump the shifter to the right which will by pass the save mode. She drove home about 70 miles. The next day there was a puddle of t. fluid on the garage floor. The mech was unable to find any problems. Flushed the cooler, and trans. Have to see if it does it again. The computer readout did not reveal any issues.