2003 Mercedes CLK 320 - Ignition Frozen

65

Asked by Apr 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM about the 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 320 Coupe

Keyless fob will not turn in the ignition slot in the dashboard.Car battery is good, fob
batteries are good.Fob emits a single light pulse from the red diode when a button is
pushed, but none of the buttons activate anything in the car - doors do not lock or
unlock, trunk doesn't open, panic alarm doesn't sound.Fuse # 6 in the trunk (keyless
go) looks good, and as mentioned, car battery is good (relatively new, cabin lights are
bright, dashboard lights up).One other odd symptom is that the door chime doesn't
sound when the door is open.Does anyone have any experience with this? Any
comments are appreciated.Thanks!

2,395

If you still have the owners manual, have a flick through it and see if there's a description on re-programming the key to the car. It could be some crazy sequence, for example : 1.with the drivers door open, put key in ignition, 2.press the boot release and unlock buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, 3.close drivers door......... I've had a similar problem with my Peugeot after the battery had been disconnected for a while. Hope this helps, good luck.

2,395

Ok so i just downloaded a manual for your car and it would seem that synchronizing the key is a simple case of putting it into the ignition. I also noticed that the manual doesn't show a detailed list of fuses and what they're for, so perhaps you should check the other 2 fuse boxes located 1.under the bonnet, near the brake master cylinder on the left near the firewall, 2. Open the left hand door, there's a removable panel on the side of the dashboard.

65

Not sure that the problem is solved, but it wasn't the key(s). I simply disconnected the battery for a few minutes and let the car think about itself. Re-connected the battery, and it started right up. Go figure! Thanks for the replies, however. Cheers!