will a low charged battery cause the car not to start,it acts like its not getting fuel

Asked by Nov 22, 2015 at 07:18 PM about the 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 320 Coupe

60,885

If the car does not turn over or turns over really slow it won't start.

13,695

The battery needs a near full charge to start the car. The starter pulls a lot of power to crank over the engine. If the battery is on a low charge, it will operate a lot of the other accessories and such. If the voltage or amps are low, the computer will not function to start the car. If you try to jump start the car, and it works, that is an indication of a poorly charged battery, one that will not hold the charge, or lose or corroded connections. If the car is running, are you charging at least 9 to twelve volts? If not, you may have an alternator going bad and it will not charge the battery.