Hi. I have a 2002 Mercedes bens clk 430 soft top. I took my car everywhere to have it fix the soft top but unfortunately no seems to find what is wrong with soft top. It won't close at all or even open. Do u have any answer for me?

Asked by Aug 24, 2012 at 01:31 AM about the 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 430 Cabriolet

175

sounds like you either have a bad switch or bad module. Try the dealership, they have the complete scan tools for your car that will let them know if there is anything out of place or glitchy. hope i helped.

I took my car to Beshof Mercedes dealership in San Jose Ca. They charge me 150 dollars for diagnostic and couldn't find the problem. For further inspection they are charging me additional 600 dollars that's not include labor or parts,

175

ok what is the charge for $600 for? I thought they didnt find anything??? and they should wave the initial diagnostic fee if they didnt find anything..... there has to be something wrong with your top if your experiencing that sort of problem. and for them to NOT find anything wrong with it seems a little fishy in my book.... Prgram modules always save all memories of any mechanical function of the car parts especially the conv top. They need to look at the data again.... or atleast have them print it out for you to see.....

185

If you release the manual control for the top and your windows go down but the top will not when you pull on the switch... sounds like you have an issue in the trunk. Specifically, the cargo "safety cover" (the window shade with platic front cover). There is a switch that it activates to before the top will operate. On the passenger side in the track it travels in, nearest you there is a little flap switch that if not fully depressed will keep the top from operating. It's a gray piece of plastic about three feet wide and 5 inches tall (the partition). In the center it has place to stick your fingers like a grab handle. It has to be pulled back when you operate the top because the top occupies part of the trunk when it's down. When you put a package in you pushed it part way forward. When you are not using the top you can push it all the way forward to give you more trunk space - it's made for just that purpose. It has to be pulled all the way back to operate the top because it presses a switch on the far left side that tells the car it's ok to put the top down. When you pushed it forward you disengaged that switch which is the most common issue and least reviewed by dealer or otherwise.

20

smusard you are a life saver. Just bought a mint condition clk430 and read the instructions to put the top down. The window shade "has" to be in the track. Everything else worked smoothly. THANKS!!!!

What does the little flap look like?