how do I let my top down on a mercedes clk430

Asked by Mar 04, 2012 at 08:58 AM about the 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 430 Convertible

I dont have manual on my mercedes clk430 and I need to learn how to let the top down on it. thanks

375

Omg!!! The button in the middle of te seats next to the gear stick !!! Press down or pull up , it operates like that , but also if you pull it twice in quick sucsetion it will close the windows and pressit twice it will open the windows !!

145

if that doesnt work......check your trunk and make sure that the flap that covers the top when its folded down is closed..... I had an issue with mine and couldnt figure out why it would not open or close...the windows rolled down but the top didnt drop...then I went into my trunk and closed the lid on the cover that holds the top when its down and it worked!!!!

255

The switch is in the middle of the seat ! It has a drawing like a rooftop going up ! Glose to the ES button ! Proper way to do it is 1) open wide all doors 2) open all windows incl rear 3) push button & turn knob that is located on top of the rearview mirror 4) push up a little then start the process of lifting up the switch up & wait for the process ! U will hear a "BEEP" once all the process is done ,,, U can now close ur windows as u want ! Follow the same process to put back up the rooftop only the swtch pushing it down instead of up & wait again for that "Beep"... Make sure the car is at full stop ! Don't attempt it while its running ! It will cost u 3gran if u broke it ! Learn from experienced

Put on the parking break. Turn the car to either the second position or on. Make sure the flap cover in the trunk is in the proper position then press the button

Im having the same issue. We put the flap cover in he trun in proper position, we pulled the switch up and you can hear the motor like it wants to work, but nothing is happening. its so beautiful outside and we really are determined to get this done. I have heard there is a manual way to do it with the hex key but we stillhave not found a video on it yet on how to do it.

I am having same problem Sydney. I am doing everything correctly.

convertible top doesnt lay flush how to make the top lay flush with the windsheild

20

Unable to close the flap cover in the trunk so to open the convertible top. Can you help?

10

There are many videos on youtube showing how to do these things. This is one. This guy David has several. He owns a Benz repair shop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaDbcAQczzU