A Mercedes CLK320 too and the windows. Will not function...... Any idea if there's a relay controlling both?

Asked by Dec 20, 2014 at 12:35 AM about the 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 320 Convertible

Considering purchasing in this condition.

Sorry top and windows won't function.

430

There is a modulator i believe. There are fuses you can check dealership charged my mom 600 bucks to fix. Now her top won't close properly anymore but find the location and change it yourself. My mom loves her Mercedes and is weird when it comes to me fixing her car. . . Especially since i do all my repairs on my Mercedes and her range rover and haven't messed anything up yet. :) lol i always tell her if i mess it up then she can go pay top dollars to fix the problem, but at least let me try before the next person damages it first :)

255

It depends on the usage (wear & tear) & age of car ! I also owned a CLK Conv. & mine has no problems yet but just in case, My mechanic already told me that usually its the switch ! He's been my "mechanic" for 25 plus years & he only specializes in Mercedes & BMW .... Mini Cooper has just been added ! He is Nike Vrooman of Vrooman Automotives !

13,695

If both do not work, there may be a master fuse or even a wire that is broken or lose or came off. From a vague description of the issue, I assume the windows do not work and the top will not work either. So it is an electrical issue. First the fuses need to be checked. Then if they are good, is there power going to the fuse box? The windows and top should not be on the same fuse circuit, so there may be an issue getting power to the fuse box itself. Follow the power source back to the battery until you find what is not working. If you can, activate the window switch and see if there is power coming to the door window actuator.