Tips for storing a Mercedes Benz convertible for winter???

Asked by Sep 02, 2016 at 10:15 AM about the 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 320 Convertible

Any tips for storing a 2000 MB CLK 320 convertible. Battery removal any other electrical etc. concerns???? Where can I find instructions to remove the battery properly?

18,585

Will you have access to your car in storage? If you do, then keep a trickle charger on the battery and leave it in. Here are some recommendations for storage prep.: http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/how-to-prep-your-car-for-long-term-storage.html

315

I have a 08 CLK350 Cab. During winter months I cancel INS(liability etc) and park in my 3 car garage and start every 3 0r 5 weeks depending upon the weather in TOLEDO. I have the original battery and 23K miles. I never had such a trouble free car. I would hate to sell it unless....

11,815

There are several things to be done to store a car for winter. Full tank of gas, and add an additive to break up any moister that accumulates in the gas. aMake sure you have a new oil change just before storing it, and check if there is an additive to add to the oil for coverage since the oil will not be running. Like say above, put a low charge battery trickier on the battery to keep it charged and (warm). If you have a car cover, cover the car or old blankets for paint protection. Full air in the tires, and if you can, put the car up on car jacks to keep the tires off the floor. Slip mouse or rat traps under the car and check them occasionally.m These critters also look for nesting spots and love to eat the electrical wiring. Make sure you have the correct combination of coolant/antifreeze. A good tune-up would work also, so it is fresh in the spring. Toss some clothing dryer pads inside to keep it smelling fresh, or get some fresh air car fresheners and put them in the ashtrays to freshen it up. Also have it go through a car wash just before parking it, and put it away clean.