my mercedes benz clk 320 rear right window is in the up position and won't go down

30

Asked by Oct 15, 2013 at 09:37 PM about the 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 320 Convertible

how can I fix it it just doesn't go down is the right rear window

if you've access to the backside of the switch...put the leads the other way to see if the motor still turns that way...test for OHMS there to make sure it is not an OPEN or dead short and replace the switch or motor whichever is defective...also the wiring could be bad...recommend the use of a power probe so as to not be reliant on the system HOT or ground~

19,045

try the rear button see if the window works ! if so then its the front button not making the trip. the one that wears out from use and rain water.or do as the judge suggests , the high tech way to be sure.

30

thanks , how do I take the switch?? out it is in the middle console how does the console goes up , that way I can check the switch but it may not be the switch since when I open the rof all the other 3 windows do go down without pressing any switch but this one does not , does each window have a fuse it may be that ?? and where are the fuses thanks

30

the year of the car is 2000 the switch is on the console and not in the door it is a 2000 clk 320 converible

this switch must be examined...typically they snap together....well they snap apart too~ inspect this switch to see if it's still holdin' the show~

30

How do I examine the switch ??

well without damaging anything, use a chisel or sharp knife along the bottom...will gently lift out (if this IS your configuration) have seen nothing but plastic expansion tabs holding the thing in...so gently lift it out if you can...it's not friggin' welded in place...it's a component which is this way so it CAN be mended or replaced~

wish I had a photo of your current configuration...so I do not look like an ass~ would start researching further, but have other obligations takin' me away....post a snap of your switch location...and we will KNOW then.~

30

i have a 2003 clk500 myself the thing is diver side don't work on all four windows. but if i use the passenger window there's no issue. iv'e taken off my self the driver side door two screws SRS' LOGO & HANDLE BAR underneath JUST PULL UP SLOW it would pop out the thing is why $260 for something plastic? my fuses work fine no crackes no melt downs can some one help me could be motor on door

30

tips